Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Ten Commandments

I am a little late typing this one. Some of you may have already heard this story because it was so funny to me.

Alice was reading the Bible, and was reading about how Aaron made a golden calf for the people to worship while Moses was on the mountain with God. Alice said, "I can't believe Moses's brother was the one that made the golden calf." I asked, "Why is it so wrong that Aaron made this golden calf?"
Alice replied, "Because the commandments say to only worship God."
I said, "That is right! Good job!"
Alice said, "Mama, I think that I should read the 10 Commandments again."
She turns to the back of her Bible were they are in the appendix. She reads them and got to "Thou Shalt not commit adultery," and asked, "What does that mean? Kids can't act like adults?"
I laughed and said, "No, it means that people who are married like Mama and Daddy can't have a boyfriend or girlfriend."
She said, "But you can have friends that are boys? You just can't have one that you really love?"
I said, "You got it!"

It amazes me at how much she can comprehend at such a young age!

No comments:

Post a Comment