Thursday, June 16, 2011

How to Get Up and Moving

I don't know about all the other parents out there, but my girls are extremely hard to wake up in the morning. Today's story actually started yesterday. So, I promised Bethany that I would paint her nails last night. Then our plans changed. We decided to take our girls to another church's Backyard Bible Club. By the time we got home, it was too late to paint her nails, and she was not happy. I let her know that I would put it on my to-do list for today. So, this morning, I woke up a little earlier, and after I got finished getting ready, my normal wake-up routine started. I say loudly, "Girls, its time to start waking up!" No success. It takes at least 10 minutes from this moment until they finally roll out of bed with lots of me going in and trying to wake them.

This morning, I decided since I had a little time (thanks to my wonderful husband who made our lunches) I would after the first call to them, I would go to Bethany and say in a soft voice, "If you get up now, I will paint your nails." The child shot up and got dressed in record time. She was in the best mood all day, too.

How great it would be if I was like this with God. Instead of hitting the snooze several times, I got up when I heard His gentle voice. I could have my quiet time then instead of in the middle of the day, and then my day would start great and end great.

Lord, help me not to ignore your call in the morning. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment