Monday, June 13, 2011

Intro

I have felt for years that God has given me the ability to write, but I haven't been using it. So, to bring him Glory, I am writing, and not only writing, but writing about what He is teaching me through the children He has given me. Some of my stories may be things that children say or do that cause me to see God at work, or they may be stories that have caused me to seek God or lean on Him when working with children.

I have 2 Girly Girls, Alice who is 6, and Bethany who is 4. When I have learned through them, I will probably name them, but for the confidentiality of the other children, I will not name names or tell if the story happened at church or the preschool. Some of my stories may be present, some from the past. Some of my stories may even come from observing in public, so please don't try to guess. If you are the parent of the child, then you can feel free to leave a comment saying it was your child if you want others to know.

I have a cute story to tell to start me off. I had a mom come to me and tell me that her child told her that I was teaching that God will kill you if you do anything bad. I had to explain that I was teaching on God's Holiness, and how we can't approach Him as sinners. We have to have Jesus as our Savior to become close to God. Funny what children pick up. Next time I will stress the fact that through Jesus, we will not die if we approach God.

As a side note, I am starting to use a new method for keeping up with the house cleaning chores. I'll post every now and then to let you know how this is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment